I cannot believe 2012 is almost over.
I do feel really good about what I accomplished this year. I took some guiding principles (what I called my love list) and used them to form my basis for action in 2012. Although some things changed and/or became less important, I was successful at the things that were most important to me. In fact, I think this was my most productive and in-the-moment year ever.
With that said, I am very excited about building off that success and making 2013 even better. Here's a list of things I will start in 2013:
- Continue to be on top of my priorities & make sure I fund them. No procrastination.
- Build our bed frame with Missy.
- Improve the aesthetics of the master bedroom.
- Build my world domination app.
- Create a kids book with Missy and print at least one through Lulu.com.
- Read more books and less crap.
- Exercise more.
- Eat vegetarian for one month.
- Purge more "stuff".
This list, of course, is fluid and will change. That means I won't be successful at all of them and that's OK too.
The most important thing, though, is doing. So far I'm working on #1, #4, and #7.
- The first is constant and ongoing, obviously. Nothing is going to change that.. it's the engine that drives the rest of my goals.
- With #4 I have a really simple prototype done and a script that runs daily to collect the data I need. It's been running for about a month now, so I hope to start full scale development in the new year. I am really excited to see where that goes!
- With #7, I've committed to 10 weeks of an exercise routine, with a goal of getting to 100 push-ups, 300 squats, and 150 sit-ups (per workout). In addition to 820 total minutes on the elliptical by mid February. I really can't wait to see how this turns out -- I've never really worked out consistently before, so this will be a good (but manageable) challenge.
Have you started to build any habits lately? Or have plans for the new year? Please share!