March is over already? Wow.
I know I said I was excited for warmer weather in my February update, but I totally didn't expect the 70s and 80s we saw in March. That was very nice.
Here's a quick update on my Love List progress.
Things I've done well so far:
- Kept on top of my priorities. (I've also not procrastinated on any important task in three months. I've been fairly productive at work and even made an improvement on the home front. And most importantly, I've kept the wife and kids as the top funded priority.)
- Blog once per week. (Seven posts in March.)
- Re-connect with friends. (Hung out with Chris a few times during March.)
Works in progress:
- Spontaneus weekend trip. (We set one up, but kids got sick so we had to postpone. Not so spontaneous any longer, so will have to try again.)
- Take more photos. (I've taken more, but not a significant number and mainly only the kids.)
- Read one book per month. (Finished book #2 in early March. Started book #3. Need to pick up the pace!)
- Go camping. (Reservations made!)
- Create an iPhone app. (Started sketching out screens and interactions in March!)
- Go bowling. (Nothing in March.)
- See more movies. (Movies in the theater, I've seen recently: Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, twice, The Muppets, Alvin and the Chipmunks, and Mission Impossible. Saw John Carter and Hunger Games in March. Lots of good movies coming up.)
- Purge stuff. (I did a serious purge of our bedroom in March. Bagged up a very large contractor bag of clothes and tossed a ton of useless stuff that was cluttering up our room. More to come!)
FAIL or Starting Later
- Exercise. (Total fail in March. Really need to pick this up.)
- Go to more shows. (Nothing yet.)
- Move my career forward. (No progress yet, however I did get a raise in March, effective April 1st!)
- Meditate every week. (Not much at all in March.)
- Blog design. (Designed my blog logo in March. Calling it a day on this one. I am happy with the current setup, so it's not worth spending much more time on this item.)