At the start of every year, I like to focus less on “resolutions” and more on a list of things I want to do more of in the coming year. Thus, the name Love List. I feel like it’s a positive spin on resolutions, as I focus on a list of things I love doing, rather than all the things I don’t like about myself.
As I wrote back in 2011:
The list is fluid and will change as my life changes. I’m not going to judge myself if some of these don’t get completed. I am going to put this list somewhere so I see it every day and spend at least part of my day moving one or more of these forward. And then at the end of 2012 I will do a retrospective to see how far I’ve come on these items.
With that said, here are my ideas for 2016. I will track my current focus on my Now page, as well as post updates on my progress through out the year.
Family My #1 priority.
- Continue to give my wife and our marriage the attention and focus it deserves.
- Continue to give my kids the attention and focus they deserve.
- Take care of my body and health, through better eating and exercise.
Get Better at Programming
- Launch Relic Scout 2.0 in the first half of 2016.
- Launch another web app for Eko Wave.
- Research developing an iOS app.
- Write more on this site.
- Continue to work on my comic book idea.
- Take more photos with my camera.
- Make a photo book or prints as a gift.
Other Random Ideas
- Read more: comics and books.
- Work on improving at guitar.
- Build a meditation practice.
What does your love list or resolutions for 2016 look like? Let me know in the comments or hit me up on Twitter. I’d love to follow your journey!